A successful inbound marketing campaign requires knowing your target audience and providing content they find valuable.
What does your target audience want to accomplish when they use the internet? Who is your target audience? These are the people you want to attract to your website, so it's important to create your content for these people.
The Essence of Inbound Marketing
Although crafting a successful inbound marketing campaign is not easy, it's not complicated either. It's a simple process that begins with providing value for your target audience.
- An individual goes online, searching for information or a solution to a problem. At this stage, the individual may not be aware there is a solution and probably does not know what your products do.
- Your company's website appears on an ad, a social media post, or a Google search.
- The individual clicks on your website and finds an answer to a question or a solution to a problem. You have now become an authority to this person.
- The individual wants more information and value and returns to your site.
- The visitor discovers you're offering a free ebook, webinar, or instructional video series and signs up for it using his or her email.
- You continue to provide value through targeted emails. The emails nurture the prospect through an email follow-up series.
- The prospect becomes a customer.
Again, inbound marketing is simple, but it definitely is not easy.
The 6 Key Components of Inbound Marketing
1) The Components of Inbound Marketing
There's more to successful inbound marketing than posting a couple clever blog posts and a Facebook video every Monday and Wednesday. For an inbound marketing campaign to work, you must master the following aspects.
2) Search Engine Optimization
Remember the step in the marketing process where your company comes up on the first page of a Google search and the prospect clicks on your site? That doesn't happen by chance. Every company that sells the same or similar products and services as you is trying to get their pages ranked high in Google and other search engines by optimizing their webpages.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) requires knowing your target audience, understanding what they want, and knowing the words your audience uses while searching.
3) Web Design
It's a harsh truth: People on the internet don't really care about you until they discover you can help make their life better. And if you can't make their life better in under three seconds, a lot of them will find someone else who can. A slow website drastically reduces traffic to your site. And once they get there, they better be able to find what they're looking for fast or they're on to the next page that looks promising. Use responsive web design and easy navigation to attract and keep website visitors.
4) Lead Generation
What do users do once they're on your site? If all they do is read a couple blog posts and move on to the next website that offers similar information, then your site hasn't really accomplished its primary goal of generating leads. To generate quality leads, you need to offer a valuable lead magnet--ebook, instructional series, webinar--that gets your target audience to take action and leave contact information.
5) Lead Management
If your leads and prospects never become customers, has your inbound marketing done anything for your business? Not if the purpose of your business is to generate sales and income. You need to have systems in place to nurture leads through the buying process.
6) Content Creation and Distribution
Inbound marketing success is impossible without valuable content. Content takes the form of blog posts, videos, social media posts, images, infographics, case studies, webinars, etc.
Inbound marketing takes into account how people shop and buy in a digital world. Incorporating all the aspects of inbound marketing is a ton of work and the type of work Pixel Fish loves to do. Pixel Fish is a Sydney Digital Agency specialising in web design and digital marketing. Contact them and find out how you can attract more traffic, generate more leads, and profit from more sales.
Stand out from your competition with a Pixel Fish website!