With so much of our lives now spent online, it's only natural for many of us to think "Hey... I think I'll start my own online business!"
With so much convenience at our finger tips nowadays, surely there are great online business opportunities out there just waiting for you? The truth is the answer is both yes and no.
Whilst it can be tempting to jump straight in, it is very important to do your research first.
So where do you begin?
Some initial questions you may find useful to ask yourself before starting up an online business:
- Why am I wanting to set up my online business?
- Am I wanting the freedom of working from home?
- Am I after a supplementary income stream?
- Do I have a new idea or product for sale?
- Can I convert my current job or career into an eCommerce store?
- Do I have the time and resources to do this properly?
From years of building online stores for many of our clients, we have seen some amazing success stories and also witnessed first hand the struggles clients can go through in the early stages of coming up with a business plan.
It can often be an incredibly daunting task, of which the online business website is just one component.
Many client's dream business ideas can quickly turn into a nightmare if they are not properly prepared from the beginning.
The old saying "You don't know, what you don't know" rings very true!
So where do you start?
Our FREE guide called 'Top 5 things you need to know before setting up an online store' is the perfect starting point.
Our most successful clients have consistently had the following:
- A thorough business plan - including targets and timings
- An existing ABN, Business name, Accounts, suppliers and structure
- A clear understanding of their ideal clients
- A genuine USP (Point of difference)
- A passion for online technology
Need some online inspiration?
Why not check out 3 fantastic online stores: