Social media has been the buzz word for the past 5 years and unless you've been living under a rock, chances are your personal and business life is very much involved in Social media whether you realise it or not.
But do you really have a grasp on exactly how powerful it has become?
The scary thing about the facts below is that they will only get bigger and bigger. Social media in one form or another, is here to stay. It will continually evolve over time and its use by people world wide will change as well.
Once considered the obsession of bored teens, it has now been embraced world wide by a large demographic. From grandmothers wanting to keep in touch with their family through to large corporations wanting to tap into the youth market, its impact on the world's social and business landscape will continue to grow.
Facebook Facts: Did you know?
• 85% of Facebook users are over 18
• 75% of people under 35 years old use Facebook
• In Sydney there are 1.5million people using Facebook (1 in every 3 people!)
• The biggest demographic uptake of Facebook are females aged 55 and over!
• 1 in every 8 minutes every day on the internet is spent on Facebook
• In the USA the average Facebook user spends 2.3 hrs a day on Facebook
• If it were a country it would be the 3rd largest country in the world
• Facebook is expected to reach 800 million users by the end of 2016
• There are over 300,000 businesses on Facebook
And finally, for those of you movie buffs, there is a great movie that was released a few years back about Facebook called The Social Network. It is an extremely well put together film that illustrates perfectly just how much of an impact social media has had on the world in the past 5 years. And it's here to stay. Check out the trailer here
Find Out More
If you would like to find out more about Pixel Fish’s fantastic affordable WordPress websites please call our friendly team on 02 9114 9813 or email us at email@example.com